Monday, October 13, 2008

Astronomic

REUSE:
Stars /Music




I discovered Stars in one of The O.C. soundtracks that that I got as a birthday present a few years ago. Their song, "Your Ex-Lover Is Dead," had really caught my attention. And coincidentally, I read about their remix album, Do You Trust Your Friends, in WIRED magazine the following week.

This Canadian band is comprised of both a male and female vocal that softly meshes their voice with the rock instrumentation. I'd always been a sucker for co-ed vocals. Stars was an amazing discovery for me at the time when I had only begun to listening to music other than asian pop.

via Brooklyn Vegan

They played at Terminal 5 (a place that I resent for it's all-ages policy) on Sept 20th. They played most of their newly released EP, Sad Robots, with a matching futurisitic-sea-harbor backdrop. It was great hearing their songs live, but I won't lie, their set was a bit too long and I was getting a little bored towards the end. A lot of their material is a bit too mellow for my liking, and that's why I love their remix album.

This is the accurate set list compiled by M:
The Night Starts Here
Ageless Beauty
Soft Revolution
Window Bird
ReunionViolent
Bitches in Tokyo
My Favourite Book
Going, Going, Gone
Look Up
Midnight Coward
A Thread Cut with a Carving Knife
Undertow
What I'm Trying to Say
Elevator Love Letter
Your Ex-Lover is Dead
-
Take Me to the Riot
One More Night (Your Ex-Lover Remains Dead)
Calendar Girl
Heart

No comments: