Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Homicide

Why am I suddenly posting so much? Because I have midterms to procrastinate for!

REUSE:
The Kills /Music



Possibly more famous for one of its members dating the super-coke-hea-I mean model- Kate Moss, this garage rock duo still deserves the same attention just with their music. I never knew I could ever appreciate garage rock. I had assumed it should duly stay in the... garage. But like I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for guy-girl vocals, and the British-American duo lend both of their voices in a lot of the tracks.


The Kills is comprised of an American Girl, Alison "VV" Mosshart, and a British Lad, Jamie "Hotel" Hince (a level up from Pete Dohoerty, I must say Kate). It explains the true cross-Atlantic sensibility of their material. It's dirty, grimey English post-punk yet American rock 'n' roll at the same time. Maybe this is gross imagery, but if you amplified the sound of putting out a cigarette in a puddle of semen, it might sound like The Kills. Sadly, I missed their show last week at Music Hall of Williamsburg. They're currently touring for their new album, Midnight Boom.

I wish I could like studying as much as I liked listening to music.

No comments: