Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hazard

REUSE:
Danger /Music


Frenchman Franck Rivoire deejays under the moniker Danger. His material is heavily influenced by 80's electronic music, as you can hear in his homage to 8-bit video game music in the remix of "Into the Galaxy."
This 80's influence makes his sound more approachable as it is vaguely familiar off the bat... for me at least. He's only released one EP and less than a dozen remixes. I'm definitely keeping a watch on him (he also has an interesting anime aesthetic - embarassingly so, I think it's a plus!).


His Myspace indicates that EP II and his first album is in preparation. I want to catch him at the Webster Hall Halloween Party. M, who hasn't developed refined electro ears like I have, doesn't think it's going to be great. Pish posh! Unless she finds a better alternative, I will see you there.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I wish I knew enough about your obscure indie alternative rock bands to be able to get what you write about :( hahah HEY duffy performed at webster hall across the street from my apartment!!!
we need to chill mannnn