Thursday, July 24, 2008

Touching Bats and Sparrows

Sony Xperia X1 /Mobile

With iPhone 3G causing all the rage these days, I figured other, more capable contenders are ought to be BLGGD about. Here's your upcoming super sexy touch screen qwerty slider from the recently troubled Sony Ericsson. I am definitely getting this when it's released sometime in the next few months (hopefully September). It runs on the new Windows Mobile 6.1 OS and touts its unique Panel User Interface. Here's a simple comparison chart between the XPERIA X1 and iPhone 3G. iPhone has some edges in some areas (UI, processor speed, and internal memory) but its really neck and neck as it lacks in the most basic functions. I've also heard some horrible things about the lack of a tactile keyboard (this is key!).

Here's a sexy commercial:



Sam Sparro /artist
21st Century Life - mp3


So, Australians are actually more talented than I thought. Sparro's self-titled debut album is an 80's inspired, pop infused collection of dance songs. Somehow when I heard his hit single 'Black and Gold', I knew there was no way a straight man could underlay his song with such gay beats. And I was right. I still think his sound manages to appeal to a lot of people. I can especially relate to '21st Century Life,' which is like an 80's anthem dedicated to the world we're living in now.

This is the music video (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED):



The Dark Night (2008) /Film
Predicted -100/10 (yes, that's a negative)

No I havn't seen it yet, and I probably wont. 'Batman Begins' was indescribably underwhelming with a lot of unjustifiable filler scenes (that training in the Asian prison... WTF?!). I don't imagine this installment to be any better. I can hardly stand Christian Bale, the mom abuser. And I hate pretentious Summer Blockbusters. This is also a comic based movie that's taking itself way too seriously. Really, I should direct the question back at you Nolan. Why so serious?

I want the cheesy Batman franchise back. :(

No comments: