Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Dance Like A Tard

Hercules & Love Affair /band
Time Will - zShare download

DISCO REVIVAL. Their music is not what you might expect from hearing those two words, but that's precisely what their sound is. Their self-titled debut album manages to be dirty yet classy at the same time. Antony, the lead vocalist from Antony and the Johnsons, carries such sultry sophistication in his voice. I imagined him to be some charismatic black man with green eyes, but it turns out he was just a fat lesbian...


Antony Hegarty... there was a legit reason why he didn't appear in the music videos



PNAU /band
Embrace ft. Ladyhawke (Fred Falke & Miami Horror remix) - mp3 download


The oddball Australian dance duo got one of their songs an awesome remix. I didn't know the vocals were by Ladyhawke (not to be confused with the Canadian band Ladyhawk). I havn't checked her out because I thought she had a lame name, but maybe she isn't that bad.


Here's a fun slash creepy music video for their single 'Baby'



Mozart and The Whale /film
Rating: 6/10

Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor, Lucky Number Slevin) and Radha Mitchell (Finding Neverland, Melinda and Melinda) play two austistic savants with asperger's syndrome... meaning they lack all sorts of social skills (this sounds a lot like the people that I go to school with. I think I'm actually "cool" at Columbia.) It's a fast paced dramedy that follows their on-and-off relationship. The poor editing made me wonder if I was the one with autism, but the plot isn't too shabby and it has some funny scenes. I recommend it only for those boring rainy nights in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hiemann...not to be confused with Heemon...you are a loser! But I love you!!! Transcontinental kisses !!!